[thelist] Another departure

Carlton James Madden jamie at bayou.com
Tue Feb 11 22:48:01 CST 2003

Greetings Fellow Evolutionaries,

Well, the time has come again for me to leave the list and wander the
wilderness.  It seems every two or three years I have to quit web
development and pursue other avenues.  This time my path has led me to
print design in the armpit of nowhere, Mt. Vernon, Illinois.  Diversion
keeps the mind fresh and at my age I need as much diversion as possible.

But I digress, I'm going to be leaving this list for a while to join a
print design list.  If anyone has ever experienced life in the boonies you
know that internet access is not a high priority and as such usually
sucks.  Long story short I can't afford the time it takes to be on two high
volume lists.  I hope that doesn't offend anyone and I'm sorry if it does.

Which brings me to my question.  Does anyone have a favorite print design
list?  One that is as lively and informative as this preferably.

Jamie

<tip>
"I think a change would do you good..."  If you can afford it and you have
the opportunity quit development for a while.  Try something else.  If this
is impossible be sure you take a vacation every year.  When you get home in
the evenings don't look at the computer.  Stop the incestuousness that is
looking for good web design on the web.  Pick up a box of Puffs or bottle
of Head and Shoulders - anything really and look at how the information is
presented.  The world is full of good design and almost none of it is on
the internet.  It's been fun... again.
</tip>