[thelist] ALT for spacer images?

Abhay S. Kushwaha abhayk at netsolutionsindia.com
Wed Feb 12 00:52:01 CST 2003

Recently somebody posted this URL (sorry I forgot your name buddy):

    http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/html/alt.html

This essay titled "Guidelines on ALT texts in IMG elements" gives
excellent practical advice on the usage of ALT attribute with the IMG
tag. It covers all scenarios of ALT I have ever used.

Take a look and follow the advice. The guy who wrote it has his head
between his shoulders. ;)

[abhay]

PS: Never ignore the validator unless somebody threatens you with a
    semi-automatic spray gun. And even then, think twice. [Does not
    apply to threats by graphics teams. They use their bare hands. ;)]