[thelist] Newbie Graphic Manipulation Question

Bob Boisvert webdad at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Feb 12 08:51:10 CST 2003

RonL. wrote:

<snip>
Let's say I've scanned in a nice portrait image that has a crappy
background.
Let's say I have a second image I took with my digital camera of a nice
sunset.
How do I marry those up and create a nice portrait image that uses the
sunset as a background?
</snip>

I have Fireworks MX but started off with 4. If FW3 is similar in usage you
should be able to use the lasso tools and create a marquee around the image
and the select the "select inverse" option which will in turn reverse the
marquee to the background. You can then delete the background and put a new
one in.

HTH,
Bob