[thelist] Rough Animation with Bitmaps in Flash

Rob Smith rob.smith at THERMON.com
Wed Feb 12 09:25:26 CST 2003

Hi

I'm working with Flash 4 and I'm having a bit of trouble understanding the
bitmap vs. vector rendering. My experience dictates that using bitmaps and
doing motion blurs, fades, movement, etc. really eats up the processor time
and increases the RAM requirements. However, the vector simulacrums are
leagues faster and 'lighter.' You can tell the difference easily on a slower
box.

I guess what I want to know is if you have a bitmap in Flash, will Flash
take over and covert it to a vector image so it can animate more easily?

Rob Smith