[thelist] getURL isn't Getting a URL (Flash 4)

Rob Smith rob.smith at THERMON.com
Wed Feb 12 13:43:01 CST 2003

Hey,

>... window="_blank" sets the ActionScript *variable*
named "window" to the value "_blank". ...

That's what Flash 4 gave me

>GetURL('/folder/file.hml', '_blank');

In honor of this, I wrote:

Get URL("/folder/file.html") // with no other paremeters
and still no dice.

>Perhaps the standalone Flash player doesn't permit the opening of
>local files? Have you tried it with the file:// prefix? Have you tried
>an http:// URL?

http:// worked but the target destination of this is going to be a cd. and
we want to assume that our clients are from a time without internet
connections.
file://folder/file.html didn't work.

Other ideas? This is the strangest thing I've ever heard of...

Rob.Smith