[thelist] more incorrect use of ID parameter

Carl J Meyer cjmeyer at npcc.net
Wed Feb 12 20:00:01 CST 2003

hi Miles,

On Wed, 2003-02-12 at 17:49, Miles Tillinger wrote:
> Continuing on from an earlier post, I also use ID parameter in <a> tags to
> have different link formatting applied from custom classes

What you are using are not classes, they are ID specifiers, and that's
not correct usage because an ID should be unique in a page.  Classes are
what you really want, and here is how you use them:

------
a.nav { font-size: 8pt; font-weight: normal; color: #FFFFFF;
text-decoration: none; }

applied to link

------

You use .classname (rather than #idname), and you use the
class="classname" attribute rather id="idname".

HTH,
Carl