[thelist] Application Vars in ASP

Chris Marsh chris at ecleanuk.com
Thu Feb 13 10:46:01 CST 2003

[..]

> >be used to store values that need to be constant across all users of
> >the application thus being a much more efficient means of handling
> >values with application scope due to low memory usage.
>
> Doh, you're right. I'm half-asleep this morning...

You had me panicking there for a moment, as I use quite a lot of
application scoped variables ;)

Regards

Chris Marsh

<tip type="asp" author="Chris Marsh">
When using Session variables instead of cookies, bear in mind that use
of the Session object requires cookies to be enabled on the browser.
Thus using Session variables instead of cookies will not benefit users
with cookies turned off and will increase server memory usage, making
the application less scaleable.
</tip>