[thelist] Tracert Help?

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Thu Feb 13 11:55:01 CST 2003

At 08:09 AM 2/13/2003, Gina Anderson wrote:

>I can't get to my business web site (under construction), and I can't get my
>business mail (big problem). It's been dead for 8 hours now, and I can't
>figure out where the problem is.

I would have your ISP trace route back to you (preferably from the problem
server). I can do a full trace route from out here in California, so I
would suspect that maybe your home/office IPs might be banned or blocked.

Pressure the ISP to see if they made any changes to their routers or
firewalls. Maybe you ended up on a block list instead of the approved list.
--
Anthony Baratta
President