[thelist] RE: The Latest-- Tracert Help?

Gina Anderson gina at sitediva.com
Thu Feb 13 13:24:01 CST 2003

I called my ISP which is Time Warner Cable, and they guy there was actually
quite knowledgeable. I started throwing terms like pings, tracerts, and
packets at the level 1 tech and she transferred me to national. Works every
time ;-)

I talked with him extensively. In short, he says it not on their network
(and I got through their network in the tracert hops just fine), and I
should talk to my hoster. The tech said he could get to my web site, but I'm
not sure where the national tech center is located. He said they did not
make any changes to routers or firewalls there in the time it would affect
me.  He also thought it was really weird.

I'm not sure where to go now, but I still can't get to my site or email
through the domain or IP address.

Anyone have any ideas on what I should do? I appreciate the help more than
you could imagine.

Gina