[thelist] troubleshooting tables [tip]

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Thu Feb 13 15:37:00 CST 2003

Hugh Blair wrote:

>>On Behalf Of Tom Dell'Aringa
>>
>>tip type="troubleshooting tables" author="pixelmech"
>
> Great tip.

In honor of 'There's More Than One Way To Do It' :-) here's the
approach I use when I inherit deep-table code, which works in any
modern CSS browser:

showTables.css:
table {
	border: 1px dashed blue;
	}
table table {
	border: 1px dashed yellow;
	}
table table table {
	border: 2px solid orange;
	}
table table table table {
	border: 5px dashed red;
	}
table table table table table {
	border: 10px solid red;
	}

And to turn it on and off by the query string (?showTables=true),
here's the JSP taglib code for the document head:

<req:request id="req"/>
<req:existsParameter name="showTables">
   <req:equalsParameter name="showTables" match="true">
     <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="showTables.css" />
   </req:equalsParameter>
</req:existsParameter>

FWIW,
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com