[thelist] Why does BrowserCam show different colors? (Was: Is BrowserCam costing...)

Lewis Francis lewis at lewisfrancis.com
Sun Feb 16 09:49:01 CST 2003

Ed,

You didn't mention at which bit-depths these images were taken.  If one
grab was taken at 16-bit and the other taken at 24/32-bit, that could
make a difference in color rendering as the former might have to map
colors that aren't in the finite 16-bit palette.

-Lewis

--
filtered by: Lewis Francis
@ 703.798.6287 http://www.lewisfrancis.com/