[thelist] Hacked pws :(

Elankath, Tarun (Cognizant) ETarun at blr.cognizant.com
Mon Feb 17 07:55:01 CST 2003

--
Seems to be the Code Red virus. It affects IIS. There is no PWS on win2k (only IIS, as far as i know). Don't worry, nobody hacked your box.

Virus-Scan your computer and patch it with the latest servicepack (SP3?) and hotfixes from Microsoft http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/. Also, you might think about using Apache instead http://www.apache.org/. With IIS, you need to patch your web-server nearly every other week because of some brand-new vulnerability discovered.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Tarun