[thelist] SQL: Order By Count

Tab Alleman Tab.Alleman at MetroGuide.com
Mon Feb 17 10:52:01 CST 2003

I've got a sql query:

SELECT COUNT(*), Month(TimeStamp), DayOfMonth(TimeStamp), Destination
FROM Logger WHERE (TimeStamp BETWEEN '20030213000000' AND
'20030218000000') GROUP BY Month(TimeStamp), DayOfMonth(TimeStamp),
Destination

Which gives me output like this:

Date:		Destination:	Count:
2/13		A			2
2/13		B			13
2/13		E			42
2/13		C			1

I want it to give me the output in order of highest Count to lowest.  I
tried putting "ORDER BY Count(*)" both before and after the GROUP BY
clause, but both gave syntax errors.  Is what I want possible in a
single query?  The database is MySQL 3.xx, so sub-queries aren't
allowed.

Tab