[thelist] Portal Test

Scott Brady evolt at scottbrady.net
Mon Feb 17 14:30:52 CST 2003

From: "Alan Lloyd" <alan at lmix.co.uk>

>Before I go live I would like to ask if some of you could have a look and
>see if you can break anything.

This doesn't count as breaking it, but . . . on the signup form, I assume the asterisks are supposed to mean "required." However, it came back saying to fill in all required fields (like Birthday), which weren't marked as required.

Also, 2 hours seems like a fairly short time limit in which to activate the account. I'd say to make it more like 24 hours, to allow for delays in the mail being delivered and them checking their e-mail.

Because I put in a bogus e-mail, that's all I can check.

Scott