[thelist] redefining styles top to bottom

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Mon Feb 17 16:44:01 CST 2003

On Monday, February 17, 2003, at 04:07  PM, rudy wrote:
>> How can I keep using the same external stylesheet and
>> have the preview styled as I want - and have a plain old
>> redefinition of td in the embeded stylesheet? Can I?
>
> sure you can -- you need two different styles, is all
>
>    td.foo { style definition }
>    td.bar { style definition }

Yeah, thought of that, but that requires giving the td's a class ...
want to keep the CSS as simple and compact as possible as it's going to
end up in HTML email. But seeing the idea in front of me inspired a
solution that completely works:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="styles.css" />

form here gets styles are from external stylesheet.

#preview.td { style def 2 }

<cfsavecontent variable="my_preview">

</cfsavecontent>

<cfoutput>#my_preview#</cfoutput>

<cfsavecontent variable="my_html_email">

td { style def 2 }

<cfoutput>#my_preview#</cfoutput>

</cfsavecontent>

Erik Mattheis