[thelist] sql/table design question [solved]

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 18 10:02:08 CST 2003

--- rudy <r937 at interlog.com> wrote:
> the better design is a separate table, a "relationship" table,
> which consists of just two columns:
>
>  bookID1
>  bookID2

Right - or as some say a 'lookup' table. You know when you figure out
the answer right after you send the email..doh. As soon as I stepped
back and thought about it I realized that was what I wanted.

> there is a wee design consideration here -- if book A is related to
> book B, does this automatically imply that book B is related to
book A?

In a sense yes, but its not that important. The person just wants to
know which books of A was broken up into.

> did i answer your question?

Perfectly!

Tom

=====