[thelist] Questionnaire Script?

Gina Anderson gina at sitediva.com
Tue Feb 18 20:58:01 CST 2003

Hi all,

I'm looking to do a very involved questionnaire for owners of a certain type
of pet. I've been looking at some perl/php scripts, and I'm not finding what
I want. I need to better analyze the responses then just percentages of the
answers from each question. I need compare the responses to each other. For
example, say we have two questions (there may be 100 questions in this
survey):

1. How old is your pet?
   ()0-2 years
   ()3-5 years
   ()6-8 years

2. Has your pet ever been diagnosed with:
   ()Cancer
   ()Heart Disease
   ()Liver Disease

I need to find the percentages of respondents whose pets are 3-5 years old
*and* have been diagnosed with cancer. Or, with further questions, find
bring up a search of all responses that say their pet has been diagnosed
with cancer, and see what types of food were provided, how often the pets
exercised, and what treatments were given. That kind of stuff.

Does anyone know of a free, if possible, or relatively inexpensive perl or
php script that will allow me to do this? I *might* possibly be able to hack
this out with mysql and php, but it would take eons since I'm a beginner and
I need it pretty quick.

Thanks for any resources,
Gina