[thelist] [javascript] Suppressing enter key form submission

gabriel rivera evolt at protocol0.com
Tue Feb 18 23:34:02 CST 2003

> it's the target attribute, it wants to say "hi".

Clearly its my friend, and wants to help me out.  Google introduced us after
I posted this, and now its working.

> please don't.  besides, whatcha gonna do for non-js browsers?  make it so
> the form doesn't work at all for them (which is probably how you got it
> now)?  just let it stay in the same window (if so, why do you care so much
> about it being in a new window for js users)?

This whole little toy is being document.written into a big corporate site
which is a html4.01 mess anyway.  Anyone w/o javascript is already screwed.
Not my bad!

Its Vignette powered and we can't go in and create a normal content area,
because the client won't let us check out the Vignette CMS.  I really wanted
to see what 40 Gs will get you, but no love.

So we're hosting the db, images, and result scripts, and delivering the
whole thing as an external .js , that they'll publish and call inline.

Kludgey.

> http://members.evolt.org/jeff/code/form_to_window/index.cfm

Always got the right snippet lying around, eh?  Thanks

-Gabriel