[thelist] MSIE Form Submit Issues Discovery

Michael Barrett mbarrett at abouthalf.com
Wed Feb 19 18:30:00 CST 2003

> Maybe a better approach would be to use a hidden input field?
>
> i.e.
>
> <input type="hidden" name="submitted" value="1">

I agree that in this particular situation, this would be a better way
to go about it...I was sort of experimenting to find out why things
were not behaving as I expected.

I check for the name of the submit button as a means of controlling how
the form data is processed.
In some cases I may have one script which handles input from a form in
different ways.

e.g. a web based app where data is saved with one form submit, and
another submit saves and sends a notification email.

But yes, for determining what form submitted what, a hidden variable
would work just fine.