[thelist] Legal Advice - Linking

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Thu Feb 20 01:31:02 CST 2003

Not that I'm a lawyer or anything, but this seems a no-brainer. You
don't feel obligated to credit google for helping you find info on the
Internet, do you? It might be a nice thing to thank the sites for
helping you in your research, but to draw an analogy: if someone tells
you about a sweepstakes they say you should enter, and you do and you
win, they'd be laughed out of court if they tried to claim a right to
your winnings.

On Wednesday, February 19, 2003, at 10:49  PM, Rachel Cunliffe wrote:
> There are two
> websites with a large set of links.  I am wanting to know if I am able
> to use their set of links, go off to the sites and collect information
> from each of those sites
> Do I need to get permission
> from the people who host the sites with the links if I want to publish
> my results?

Erik Mattheis
GoZz Digital
<http://goZz.com/>