[thelist] php query

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Thu Feb 20 06:25:01 CST 2003

> Do you have a URL which explains the ANSI style clearly? I tend to use
> the former method myself as well, and would like to understand the
> differences

here's one which does not explain the difference so much as justify it
(bottom line: it's easier, and the old style will be dropped in sql server
some day) --

  http://www.microsoft.com/sql/techinfo/tips/development/July23.asp

here are a few more with decent explanations --

  http://certcities.com/certs/oracle/columns/story.asp?EditorialsID=106

  http://www.databasejournal.com/features/mssql/article.php/1438001

  http://www.w3schools.com/sql/sql_join.asp

here's one that explains why the ansi syntax will allow you to get results
that just aren't possible with the old style syntax --

  http://www.sqlteam.com/item.asp?ItemID=11122

finally, here's one that doesn't so much explain a cross join as illustrate
what good it might be --

  http://www.databasejournal.com/features/mssql/article.php/1459991

rudy