[thelist] ASP.net VB.net or C#??

Mitchell, David David.Mitchell at progestic.com
Thu Feb 20 07:11:00 CST 2003

Hi Martyn,

VB.NET and C# are both very similar in that they both run within the .NET
Framework. This means that that they both share the same classes, so the
method you would call to say, write to a text file, are the same in both
languages.

If you know Java, then you are ahead of the curve (especially with C#). A
lot of the method names are the same in .NET as they are in Java. The main
difference is that the first letter in .NET method names are upper case
instead of lower case.

I came to .NET from an VB/ASP background, but I honestly feel more
comfortable with C#, it is less verbose and I find I am much more productive
with it. VB.NET leaves me with the feeling that MS shoe-horned Object
Oriented principles into a language that was never meant to be that way.

Dave
http://www.davemitchell.ca