[thelist] Your Nuke, MyNuke, as long as it is PHP we are on the safe side :)

Russell Griechen russgri at bellsouth.net
Thu Feb 20 09:10:07 CST 2003

You can choose from Php-Nuke, PostNuke, and Xaraya,
Php-Nuke was supported by Mandrake Soft but withdrew, It flourished for a
while but disputes among the developers resulted in the fork PostNuke, which
in turn became a better version ...IMO...but questions about the direction
of the programming caused another split.   Most of the developers formed
Xaraya.  The first version is due to be released soon.  There is a tarball
release each Monday morning about 3 am .  This is for testing and geting a
feel of the program, but not ready for production yet.  Next month, they
anticipate the release of the tarball more frequently, which probably means
that greater stability is being attained.
My vote goes to Xaraya, but you will have to grow with it.
If you want to start with PostNuke pn7.14 you may be pleased with that as
that is probably the most stable of any of the Nukes at the present time.
An upgrade path will be provided from this version so that you can upgrade
to Xaraya in a couple of months, hopefully,

Russell Griechen