[thelist] javascript: passing events

James Aylard evolt at pixelwright.com
Thu Feb 20 10:41:01 CST 2003

Hans Fraser wrote:

> Hello EveryBody!
>
> here is the problem!
> the : <input type="checkbox"  /> elements do not support onLoad events
>
> is there a way that i could either trigger them to do an onLoad !
> or make my elements beleive that an event as taken place so that they
> call the function that is linked

    If at all possible, set the status of your checkboxes server-side. If
for some reason this isn't possible, use the onload event for the document
and loop through the form's elements collection; whenever the loop hits a
form element of type "checkbox", validate whether that element is in the
array of checkboxes that should be checked. But again, this really should be
done server-side.

James Aylard
jaylard at members.evolt.org