[thelist] Mozilla - Frames + Scrollbars = Non-Centered Table

Ian Potts ipotts at members.evolt.org
Thu Feb 20 10:42:15 CST 2003

Sorry if this has been covered before, but I could not find anything in
the archive, google or bugzilla. I have a frameset that is split in to
two frames. Each frame contains a centered 765 pixel table. No matter
which way I center it (<table align="center">, {margin:auto}, etc)
mozilla will move the second frame's table to the left when scrollbars
are present.

This results in my bottom table not lining up with my top table. Is
there any way for mozilla to ignore the scrollbar's space when it
decides where to render the table? I have done a bunch of playing with
netscape 4.7, IE 6 & mozilla and only find it in mozilla (though it is
very likely in netscape 6).

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Ian