[thelist] Trivial yet annoying Problem

Michael K. Ahn ahnfire at optonline.net
Thu Feb 20 11:39:01 CST 2003

The back button has been known to ruin many a javascript.

The problem being:  The back button is a client/browser side control, at
which point you leave the execution of any existing scripts, and travel one
entry back in your history file.

You can either restructure your links so that the browser's history matches
what you want to do.  Try to manipulate your history directly through
script.  Or create a "back" button on your form and invalidate any user
attempt to use the browser's "back" button (ie. Citibank's online banking
interface).

Hope that helps.

michael