[thelist] looking for drop-down menus

gabriel rivera evolt at protocol0.com
Thu Feb 20 14:38:03 CST 2003

> www.brothercake.com

How do you sell .js files for $1000!?  That's some serious reliance on the
honor system right there.  Yeah yeah, I know, unlimited license, 1 site is
five bucks.

Please note: Clientside code can't be effectively sold.  I guess I'm evil,
but it really can't.  I've always found attempts to obfuscate and secure .js
code kind of silly.  Not the the author has done that, s/he hasn't.

</negativity>

Check out the menu system on http://iht.com ...ALL css, and super elegant.

These are nice and fast too:

http://youngpup.net/?request=/components/ypSlideOutMenus.xml&xpath=/project/
samples

Won't be as widely supported though...but at what cost full compatibility.

 The brothercake menus are so huge and robust that my processor utilization
spikes to 100% for a few seconds.  Older machines may crawl with these.

The author did well by including the browser specific code in separate
files, but its still like 50kb of code or so.

Anyway, iht.com is my current holy grail of css implemented on a
big-business level...I'd love to hear some other opinions.