[thelist] CSS Form layout w/out span|div

Morgan Kelsey morgan at morgankelsey.com
Thu Feb 20 20:42:01 CST 2003

lachlan,

> > you haven't used the tabindex or accesskey attributes anywhere, and your
label's
> > don't work.
> >
> > the label tag is intended to be used like so:
> > <input type="checkbox" id="foo" name="foo1" tabindex="10" accesskey="f"
/><label

> Suddenly I have to wonder how many people actually know how the specs work.
>
> Morgan, your way of making labels is correct. So is Ben's. You can
> either use the for attribute on the label tag OR wrap the appropriate
> field in the label tag. Either is supposed to work.

spec-schmeck--using the "for" attribute works in moz and IE, while wrapping works
in moz only. i have opera 6.03, but neither work there.

interestingly though, if you look at ben's page in mozilla the text is pushed out
of the input boxes, so i'm not really sure what browser he's targeting.

"supposed to work" is the key i guess. i prefer labels that give focus to their
target when clicked.

nagrom
http://morgankelsey.com