[thelist] Ever wanted to test Linux?

Kevin Cannon p+evolt at redbrick.dcu.ie
Fri Feb 21 07:41:01 CST 2003

I know some people would like ot test their pages on LInux but are daunted by
the ideas of partitioning everything or installing it just to test.

Well here's a handy solution for you:

Knoppix [http://www.knoppix.net]

Basically, it's linux on a CD, it boots & runs from the CD without installing
to your harddrive.  When you're finished you just reboot and voila, back to
windows.

It worked fine for me with my Cable modem I could connect to the net and all,
and most importantly you can browse your windows files in order to test your
projects.

Worth checking out if you want to test linux,
or ever just wanted to play around with it.

G'luck,

- Kevin

Alternatives:
http://freshmeat.net/projects/coollinuxcd/