[thelist] Pop-up killers

Minh Lee Goon evolt at goonies.info
Fri Feb 21 09:58:16 CST 2003

I use POW! from AnalogX. It closes windows based on the title of the window
(i.e. as defined in <title></title>). So it closes the window however it's
opened. As soon as it sees the title, it closes it. So, you may see a flash
of it before it closes the window.

The down side is that it will close legitimate pop-ups (oxymoron?)... by
that, I'm referring to windows that you want to view but they happen to have
the same title as one of the windows you've added to the list.

That doesn't happen too often, so I keep using it. Check it out at
http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/network/pow.htm

http://www.goonies.info/
Not the film. The family.