[thelist] Pop-up killers

evolt at xemaps.com evolt at xemaps.com
Fri Feb 21 10:33:17 CST 2003

My favorite (I use all the time) has free trial and allows needed
popups is Pop-Up eliminator at: http://www.surfsecret.com/.

It can put a small control bar on your browser with a drop-down
showing check boxes for separate configurations of "Block Pup-ups",
"Use Smart Sensor", "Disable Flash". You also can select "Add Current
Site to Allow List."

A "More Options" menu includes check boxes for individually
selecting: Block popups for IE; Block Flash animations for IE; Block
popups for Netscape 6, Netscape 7, or Mozilla; Enable SmartSensor
Technology; Start Popup Eliminator when Windows starts; Stop Windows
Messaging Service, and the selection window to "Temporarily override
Popup Eliminator by holding down" (you select "Control" or "Shift" or
"Disable".

It's the most complete, effective and nonintrusive (when you want it
to be) popup control I've ever seen.

Cordially,
Spencer

1) Is there an overwhelming leader in the most popular software to
kill
pop-ups?  I found a lot of packages, but wasn't sure if there were a
few
that are commonly used by everybody.

Chris Evans
http://www.fuseware.com