[thelist] NavBar, highlighting current link

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 21 11:11:06 CST 2003

--- Rob Smith <rob.smith at THERMON.com> wrote:
> Do your standard CSS for however you want the links to operate. And
> on each page that you want that link highlighted add a simple font
> color tag inside the anchor tag

Let me be REAL CAREFUL how I say this - because Rob is only trying to
help :) - Please DON'T do it this way.

The FONT tag is a deprecated tag, and is the bane of many outdated
web sites. At the very least, you could put an inline style on that
anchor (color: red;). Even better, you could have a 'highlighted'
class, so you could globally change your highlight color anytime you
wished, giving you plenty of flexibility. (class="selectedPage").

Not saying my way is the best - but definitely try and stick with
something that is current and will offer you some flexibility.

Tom

=====
http://www.pixelmech.com/
var me = tom.pixelmech.webDeveloper();