[thelist] Flash 4 Question "Go To And Play()"

Steve Webster steve at netbreed.co.uk
Fri Feb 21 14:54:49 CST 2003

Hey Rob,

> I've got a movie clip in Scene 1:
>
> Scene 1      Movie Clip
>
> At the last frame of the movie clip I want to go back and play (in Scene 1)
> the very beginning of the movie. However, when I'm in the actions dialog box
> and I've got Go to and play() selected, the scene option is grayed out:
>
> Go to and Play (Scene 1, "Start")
> //gives a syntax error.
>
> What the stuff is going wrong here? (Flash 4)

Is this actually being developed in Flash 4, or are you publishing for
Flash 4 in a later version of the authoring environment? I've got a
feeling that Flash 4 didn't support scene access and that you need to
just use labels.

I might be wrong though, as I've had a few pints of cider and it's been
a long while since I did anything with Flash 4 (though I am currently
doing something for three.co.uk and they're insisting on Flash 4 :o( )

Regards,

Steve