[thelist] $_GET undefined [was: Tips tricks and troubleshooting]

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Mon Feb 24 12:47:00 CST 2003

Although I've only been tinkering with PHP for a week, and just gave a
misguided tip, I will take a stab at this one: You can determine the
level of error reporting in the INI file:
<http://cvs.php.net/co.php/php4/php.ini-dist> ... and seem to remember
reading that newer versions may report more errors than older ones.

On Monday, February 24, 2003, at 12:37  PM, Ed McCarroll wrote:
>> if ($_GET['dubug'] ) { echo("this is line 21<br />");}
>
> I tried to do something like that:
>
>   if ($_GET['MenuID']) {echo "Yes";} else {echo "No";};
>
> and got an error:
>
>   Notice: Undefined index: MenuID in ...
>
> So I used array_key_exists().  But it works fine for my partner.
> Is there a switch or something?

Erik Mattheis
GoZz Digital
<http://goZz.com/>