[thelist] A:Active Working Example?

Rob Smith rob.smith at THERMON.com
Mon Feb 24 13:09:01 CST 2003

Hi list,

There was a topic a few days ago about highlighting the active or currently
link you're on, but it really wasn't answered to my satisfaction. After
researching the a:active css property, I realized that this is what happens
on the press state of the mouse click.

Rudy's example of the various css styles looked promising but I wasn't
convinced that would work as it didn't reset visited links.

Abbey's example looked neat with the PHP usage, but I'm not going to fool
with UNIX based solutions at the present.

I tried but failed to implement a class definition solution. Here's my css:

A.selected {
	color: #911100;
	font-weight: bold;
	background-color: transparent;
	font-size: 11px
}
style. I included it with the <link> directive, but still no change. *I know
it was linked properly due to the fact that all the other A:(behaviors) were
working properly.

BTW, is css case sensitive? a.something vs. A.something? I would really like
to see a working example. Thanks efolk.

Rob.Smith