[thelist] phony ebay scam? Security of info on the web

Roger Ly evolt at matchpenalty.com
Mon Feb 24 14:42:01 CST 2003

>The guy said they don't use customer account numbers, nor do
>they put cc#'s in correspondance like they did in the email...

While I have never received an email saying that my card couldn't be
charged, I have received numerous correspondance with my customer
account number written in the email (it follows the same format as the
one your mother-in-law received).  The most recent one was for an
invoice that I received November of last year.

I can't be sure about the CC thing, but I think that whoever was
handling support at EBay is a bit confused as to what they do/don't send
via email.

Roger