[thelist] weird domain extensions in analog?

Benjamin C. Varadi bvaradi at nlcnet.org
Tue Feb 25 15:03:01 CST 2003

I've sworn by the analog (www.analog.cx) / reportmagic
(www.reportmagic.org) combination for a while for log analysis, but
taking a closer look at our hits for the last year or so, came across
this line:

.arpa (Arpanet) 938 0.1%

938 hits from Arpanet?  Also had 215 from .int, and significant
numbers from a whole bunch of other domain extensions that I'd never
heard of... we're an international organization, so those are less
surprising, but still...

We also had a few hits from Amiga & Atari systems, but I'm guessing
that's just fun w/ useragent strings.

I'm looking for some kind of reassurance that this isn't an analog
&/or server fluke, 'cause I've been relying on the numbers pretty
heavily of late.

Thx,

-BEN

--