[thelist] IIS ASP puzzler

Dougal Campbell dougal at gunters.org
Tue Feb 25 16:32:01 CST 2003

On Tue, 25 Feb 2003, gabriel rivera wrote:

> > <tip>
> > Don't use IIS if you can possibly avoid it.
> > </tip>
>
> > Ernest MacDougal Campbell III, MCP+I, MCSE
>
> An MCSE who has found The Light!

I freely admit that the only reason I got the MCSE was to enhance my
position in the job market :)

Personally, I'd love to ditch IIS and set up a FreeBSD or Linux server
with Apache. But that would mean 1) I would be the only person here who
knew how to administer it, and 2) we would have to rewrite a ton of ASP
applications.

Point 2 wouldn't be *too* bad, though -- I've written the bulk of our
ASP code in PerlScript :)

But my manager wouldn't go for either one of those points (at least in
the short term). Thus, we're stuck with IIS for now.

--
Ernest MacDougal Campbell III, MCP+I, MCSE <dougal at gunters.org>
http://dougal.gunters.org/             http://spam.gunters.org/