[thelist] Supporting scripts that generate bad code (was: oh, the irony!!!!!)

Boris Mann boris at bmannconsulting.com
Wed Feb 26 07:12:01 CST 2003

On Tuesday, February 25, 2003, at 10:09 AM, rudy wrote:

>> FWIW, the new www.sitepoint.com site is very handsome.
>> Congratulations on a job well done.
>
> +1
>
> as the guilty party who raised the point both on your site, mark,
> and here in this discussion list, let me just say that you guys
> have done a great job in the redesign of the sites
>
> nice job applying the new design to your version of vbulletin, too
>
> and sure, you don't want to rewrite its engine, i don't blame you

<snip>

This raises an interesting question: should one support
scripts/software that generates "bad code"? I would think this is
another area to take a stand and insist on standards.

(and yes, the SitePoint redesign is well done...too bad about the
massive use of non-compliant forums)

--
Boris Mann
http://www.bmannconsulting.com