[thelist] Code to send a hidden message that includes a subscribers e-mail address

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Wed Feb 26 11:28:01 CST 2003

On Wednesday, February 26, 2003, at 11:09  AM, James Odell wrote:
> I need to send an e-mail from a form to a mail server subscribing or
> unsubscribing a new member to an e-mail forum.
>
> Now someone has told me that this is not possible in JavaScript. He
> said I
> would need to use a server side language to send the email - such as
> php,
> asp, asp.net. Is this true?

Yes, JS cannot send mail on it's own.

Maybe ...

<a
href="mailto:user at domain.com?body=subscribe%20list at domain.com%20[replace
%20this%20text%20with%20your%20email]">subscribe</a>

... would pass the mustard. Or whatever that phrase is meaning
"suffice".

Erik Mattheis
GoZz Digital
<http://goZz.com/>