[thelist] Sharing data between ASP and JavaScripts

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Wed Feb 26 15:54:01 CST 2003

jerryscannell at cox.net wrote:

> I have tried (and failed) with the following:
>
> 1. Set a session variable to "cancel". The reporting module
 > checks for it at the end of the do ... loop. The reporing
 > loop never saw the change in the session variable's value.

OK, again not knowing *anything* about ASP -- the above sounds like
the reporting loop is examining a *copy* of the session variable
that was created when the reporting process initialized; it needs
to examine the actual current state.

Alternatively, does ASP have any concept of an Listener? Wrap your
reporting code in a class that implements a Listener that'll pass
an interrupt event to the loop when it occurs?

Afraid that's about as much as I can suggest :-/

Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com

                           dream.  code.