[thelist] winXP registry

Kelly Hallman khallman at wrack.org
Wed Feb 26 16:57:00 CST 2003

On Wed, 26 Feb 2003, Tom Dell'Aringa wrote:
> Ok, I feel brave but still confused. I found regedit but this is what
> the instructions say to do: "..user defined grouping. It's currently set
> at 3, if you want to change this number open the .reg file in notepad
> and edit the line:

I assume either the directions are referring to a .reg file you're
supposed to download, one that you are supposed to create, etc.

An easier way to do it is just to navigate to the location in regedit and
add/edit the key.  You already have the path:

> [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\..
>   Advanced]

And the key:
> TaskbarGroupSize=dword:00000003

I don't run XP, but on 2000 the path is there, but not the key.

--
Kelly Hallman
http://wrack.org/