[thelist] Easy way for client to maintain online events calendar?

Boris Mann boris at bmannconsulting.com
Fri Feb 28 09:44:01 CST 2003

On Friday, February 28, 2003, at 09:50 AM, Norman Bunn wrote:

> At 12:10 AM 2/28/2003, you wrote:
>> Greetings brilliant people.  I have a client who does not know web
>> design.
>> They want to be able to maintain an online calendar, on their own,
>> and it's
>> something that'd need to be reliable and userfriendly.  It also needs
>> to be
>> not too expensive.
>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>> -d
>
> Not sure if it meets your "not too expensive" category, but I have
> found
> the calendar software by Brown Bear Software (www.brownbearsw.com) to
> be
> extremely flexible with a plethora (always wanted to use that word) of
> features.
>
> Norman
> www.CraftedSolutions.com

This looks like a really neat product. I'm looking for something
similar to offer to clients that want to share/view each others
calendars in an Intranet setting. I'd really like to offer a
non-Outlook/Exchange, non-Windows server option (so it could be a
hosted solution for the server, such as ScheduleOnline, which uses
Intellisync as the "client" app). Ideally, cross-platform.

Requirements:
- server portion runs on non-Windows platform (either local Linux-based
server or hosted solution)
- client application that either integrates/syncs with existing app
(Outlook, Mozilla, Palm, etc.) or has its own local application

Anybody have some other pointers? I've also been looking at Bynari's
[2] Exchange replacement options...

[1] http://www.scheduleonline.com/
[2] http://www.bynari.net/

--