[thelist] HTML-Kit kind of flaky - will Homesite be updated?

Jeroen Sangers evolt at jeroensangers.com
Fri Feb 28 11:07:03 CST 2003

It looks like all our favourite editors are disappearing...
I have heard also that HomeSite won't be developed further anymore. Two days
ago, Chami wrote the following message on the chami.public.htmlkit.misc
newsgroup, from which I understand that he hasn't got a lot of time to
develop either...

Unfortunately I don't know when even a beta of the pro version will be
available at this time. HTML-Kit doesn't generate enough money to cover
hosting and other costs associated with it so I have to work on other things
to pay the bills which of course is taking time away from developing and
supporting HTML-Kit. If a particular feature you need now is not in Build
292 or not provided in one of the plugins, I'd try other editors first.
TopStyle for example is a great CSS and now an HTML code editor with regular
updates that may fit your needs better. There are many other editors such as
Dreamweaver you could try as well but I have a little bias for shareware
developers. I don't know what the final price will be for sure but it's
unlikely to change that much from the current registration fee. Let me know
if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Chami.

Kind regards,