[thelist] [php] Object Serialization

Kelly Hallman khallman at wrack.org
Fri Feb 28 12:03:02 CST 2003

How robust is PHP's serialize() function?  Does anyone have any
experiences serializing complex objects, shelving them to a database and
then unserializing them later?  Any caveats, warnings?  I realize the
basics, like the data must be properly protected in/out of the database
and that a class must be defined before an object that references it can
be unserialized.. Just wondering if I'm wasting my time contemplating this
sort of approach in PHP, or if others have used it to success...?

Thanks!

--
Kelly Hallman
http://wrack.org/