[thelist] Research: WYSIWYG and output filesize

Ben Henick persist1 at io.com
Fri Feb 28 13:49:01 CST 2003

The Subject line says it all - can someone suggest some pages that give
solid data on tests conducted to compare pages identical and layout but
produced by various WYSIWYG's and by hand?

I know results of this sort were published and got wide circulation
sometime late last year, but I cannot find that citation to save my life.
Argh.  Hell, my ALA article (written 2yrs ago and without hard numbers)
turns up in my searches before data recent enough to justify use.

Help!

TIA
--
Ben Henick                     "In the long run, men hit only what they aim
Web Author At-Large             at.  Therefore, though they should fail