[thelist] Vignette = no doctype?

gabriel rivera evolt at protocol0.com
Mon Mar 3 13:30:01 CST 2003

We implemented an 'interim' php/postgres cms for a corporate client after
winning the contract to redesign their site.  After about 8 months, they
'graduated' to vignette, but we kept doing the frontend work.

Within a month, the whole site started falling apart.  It was an old school
deep-table layout, and tables were breaking all over, css got fuxored, etc.

Sure enough, no doctypes, which wreaked ie6 havoc.

As I understand it, if you want vignette to generate valid x/html you have
to pay a tcl programmer a great deal of money to modify the vignette
install.

The client is so over their vignette solution that we deliver new content to
them as remotely hosted .js files...they don't want to attempt to configure
new touts.  But they're trapped now.