[thelist] CD-R disc ?

pitbull evolt.org at purplepaste.com
Mon Mar 3 15:43:01 CST 2003

I used these business card-CDs last year for a Flash-based sales
presentation.  I can't speak for the recording process, as we outsourced the
production and labeling, but they played fine in most of the machines in the
office (the exception was a couple of ancient DEC machines that were being
kept around for testing purposes).

They should work with any tray-loading drive that is not too old.  I
interpret the warning on the box to be referring to:

caddy-style:  The old-school 1x and 2x drives that required the disc to be
loaded into a sealed plastic "caddy" and then inserted into the drive.

front-loading:  front slot loading drives, resembling a car CD player.  i
know Pioneer used to make these.  I wouldn't risk attempting to play a
mini-CD in one of these, as I'd be afraid it would never come out...

-pete.