[thelist] Netscape 7 font/special character bug?

Cristian Secara secarica at fx.ro
Tue Mar 4 15:09:02 CST 2003

On Tue, 4 Mar 2003 13:08:15 -0500, Emma Jane Hogbin wrote:

>I thought that you were getting a couple of different kinds of output, [...]

I have simulated his situation, with various doctypes and charsets,
with Opera (6.05) and Mozilla (1.2.1). I got the same result.
Alan Wood has right: the font used has to be Unicode, even if actually
it contains just a few characters.

How to check this (Windows NT, 2000 or XP):
- open character map
- select the desired font
- if the character set says "Unicode" but is grayed out, the font
cannot be used in Mark's situation

Cristi