[thelist] is evolt dot org shutting down?

David B. kru_tch at yahoo.ca
Wed Mar 5 12:06:01 CST 2003

I received this strange letter in my mailbox Monday:

----
"Dear members.evolt.org users:

We're sorry to have to announce that members.evolt.org (MEO) service
will be closed indefinitely from March 15th 2003 onwards.

We expect that we'll be able to forward your URL to a new location of
your choosing soon, but in the meantime we *strongly* advise you to make

backups of:

* Your pages and code
* If applicable, your MySQL database (use the 'dump database' feature
   of phpmyAdmin).

We also expect to be able to forward your email to another address, and
will send details of this as soon as it's available. But you should also

alert people that your MEO e-mail address may become unavailable, and
change any mailing list subscriptions you may have accordingly.

Finally, we apologize for not having been able to give a lot more notice
of this change to your service. evolt.org had very little warning about
the change. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you for your support.

Javier Velasco - on behalf of evolt.org"
----

Now what I find strange is that there is no whisper on either this list or the
website...

What's going on? I see the donation drive is going strong...